Are you colorblind?
Color blindness, otherwise known as color vision deficiency, is a condition where a person cannot see colors under normal light. People who are color blind go through their lives without understanding the perception of color! Therefore, color blind people can never differentiate colors from each other.
Well, color blindness is not a singular condition. It in fact girds a range of conditions, from mild to severe, due to which each person to see color differently. The most common types of color blindness are Protanomaly and Deuteranomaly, which are forms of partial red-green color blindness. However, the complete absence of one of the cone photopigments, called Protanopia or Deuteranopia, are considered dichromats.
Do you know?
- Millions of people world-wide are affected.
- Studies shows 1 in 200 women and 1 in 12 en are color blind.
- Most commonly found color blindness is Red-green color blindness.
- Colloquially referred to as Color Vision Deficiency (CVD).
- More often than not, color blindness is an inherited trait.
- Red-green color blindness is caused when photopigments are overlapped more than normal.
- If a father is red-green color blind he can’t pass it on to his sons.
- But if a woman is red-green color blind, then all her sons will also be color blind.
- Color blindness is genetically inherited and carried recessively on the X chromosome.
- While color blindness may be considered a mild disability, but two-thirds of people with CVD feel it’s a handicap.
- Red-green color blindness is the not the color confusion with red and green colors, but the whole color spectrum can cause confusion.
Color Blind Eyewear
Colorblind eyewear is a union of optical technology and color vision science, which allows a color blind person see colors differently or assist them in correcting red-green color blindness. These lenses mainly help people with a color deficiency distinguish between reds and greens. With these colorblind glasses one can distinguish an array of shades.
How it works?
- Multi-notch filtering in these colorblind glasses, cuts out sharp wavelengths of light to enhance specific colors.
- The lenses of colorblind glasses separate the overlapping red and green cones.
- They are able to re-establish the correct balance between the signals from the three photo-pigments in the eye.
- These lenses excite the neural mechanisms of vision, which allows the correct color perception.
EnChroma Glasses are one-of-a-kind colorblind glasses to help colorblind patients to see the world better!!